This privacy statement sets out how Orchard uses and protects any information that you provide to us.
Orchard is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide any of your information to us, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Orchard may change this statement from time to time by updating this page. This page was last updated on 30/03/2017.
What we need
Orchard Information Systems Ltd will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special types of information (e.g. information that may be considered sensitive). This does however include:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Why we need it
We need to know your basic personal data in order to provide you with information that you may have requested from us or that we feel may be of interest to you and/or your organisation. We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need in order to provide this service to you.
What we do with it
All the personal data we collect is processed by our staff in the UK. This will only be shared within our group of companies and, in some cases, with our business partners and suppliers where we consider this is necessary for us to provide a service to you.
We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
What we would also like to do with it
Where you have given us your consent to do so, we would like to use your contact details to inform you of our new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting. If you do not wish us to use your details to contact you in this way, you can let us know (please see ‘How to contact us’ section).
What are your rights?
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you may request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO contact details are available on its website at www.ico.org.uk
Kerry Richmond is the person with responsibility for Data Protection at Orchard. Please see ‘How to contact us’ section for details on how to contact Kerry.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
About cookies on this website
- This website will not share any personal information with third parties
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing (please see ‘How to contact us’ section).
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting where you have given us your consent to contact you with such information.
- You are entitled under data protection legislation to request a copy of any personal information which we hold about you. Such requests should be made in writing (please see ‘How to contact us’ section).
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible (please see ‘How to contact us’ section).
- Please address correspondence ‘F.A.O. Data Protection Officer’. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us either to change the way in which you receive communications from us; or to request further information in relation to this Privacy Statement, you can contact us in one of the following ways:
- Telephone: 0191 203 2500
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Orchard Information Systems, 3rd Floor, Central Square, Forth Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 3PJ
Kerry Richmond is the person with responsibility for Data Protection at Orchard and can be contacted on the number above.