Competitive Salary and Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Orchard in Newcastle upon Tyne. We are a Data Scientist to join our Development Team. Reporting to the Development Team Leader, this role is will be working within a Scrum team using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization. A main part of this role will be using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. This role requires strong experience using a variety of data mining and analysis methods, as well as creating and using algorithms to run simulations. This role requires a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large datasets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences and revenue generation
- Develop data models and algorithms
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Build API-first solutions at an early stage
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions.
- Advance existing initiatives and open opportunities to pursue new and previously unexplored research topics across a potentially wide variety of domains
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Own end-to-end data workflows and develop deep domain expertise on the underlying actors and behaviours manifested through data
- Visualise and explore datasets to enable the generation of new, predictive features
- Software development and maintenance to Orchard’s development standards and methodologies
- Fully participate in Scrum meetings and adhere to Orchard’s Development methodologies including meetings, reviews, processes and standards.
- Writing/updating documentation as required
- Continual improvements to processes, procedures and standards used by the BI Development Team
- Continual improvements to Orchard’s software products and solutions
Salary and Other Benefits
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience
- Company pension scheme
- Permanent health insurance and life assurance
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme
To apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter.
The company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the company’s business.