Business Development Manager
Job Summary and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Sales & Customer Relations, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing and managing New Business sales within our exciting digital business stream. This is a market leading new product within Orchard’s thriving digital solutions portfolio. The role focuses specifically on winning new named customers.
As a Business Development Manager, you will have a wide ranging, challenging and rewarding role which will include some, or all of the following elements:
- Identifying and developing potential customers for our solutions portfolio through cold calling and other lead generation activities (such as campaigns and events), both individually and via the telesales channel.
- Developing and managing a strong pipeline with rigorous attention to detail via Salesforce.
- Maintaining regular contact with the prospect throughout the sales cycle
- Providing prospects with highly tailored and high quality information and documentation on a timely basis
- High level demonstration of our digital products.
- Attainment of sales targets
- To gain significant industry knowledge in order to become a thought leader.
- Attendance at conferences and exhibitions
Ideally you should:
- Be able to demonstrate continual achievement of sales targets
- Adopt a consultative selling approach as your default selling style
- Demonstrable success within a new business prospecting environment. In particular an earlier background in telesales would be of interest.
- Software sales background would be desirable.
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills, with the ability to communicate business issues at any level within an organisation
- Have excellent qualification skills with attention to detail
- Have proven skills in developing sound relationships both internally and externally
- Have proven presentation skills
- Be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight time scales
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
- Be familiar with Office Products such as Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Salesforce
- Have a willingness to learn
- Be willing to travel (including overnight stay when required)
- Be able to produce high quality written work
- Be in possession of a full driving licence
- Laptop / Desktop computer.
- Combined printer / fax and scanner (home based workers only).
- Separate business telephone line (home based workers only).
- Broadband Modem (subject to availability in the area).
- Mobile phone & Bluetooth headset.
Salary and Other Benefits
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience
- Company pension scheme
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme
The company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the company’s business