Reporting to the Services Delivery Manager, you will play a significant role in delivering implementation and business consultancy services, working directly with customers to advise and guide them through the full project life cycle, helping them to achieve the optimum solution to meet their business requirements in a cost effective and efficient manner.
The role of the Service Delivery Consultant is wide ranging, challenging and rewarding. You will be working within the Service Delivery Team on all stages of new business and existing customer projects and support, providing:
- Business analysis, requirements gathering, process mapping and solution design
- Systems implementation and migration
- Consultancy services, training, and support on responsive and cyclical repairs, contractor interfaces and Direct Labour Organisations.
- Bespoke system configuration
- Provide expert implementation and business consultancy services and training for Orchard’s Repairs solutions, both on and off-site, in accordance with project documentation, implementation guidelines and quality standards
- Provide support and advice to customers on the use and configuration of Orchard’s Repairs solutions on an ad-hoc basis, providing clear and effective resolutions
- Take ownership of tasks assigned, striving to deliver the best possible service
- Demonstrate Orchard’s Repairs solutions to prospective and existing customers, proposing recommendations to meet their business requirements
- Produce and maintain internal and customer-facing documentation to a high standard, including solution designs, project documentation, user and configuration guides and technical specifications
- Follow project plans as agreed with customers, project managers and the Project Management Office (PMO), escalating any issues affecting project delivery
- Provide feedback to Product Management and Development regarding issues that arise during service delivery
- Contribute to the product development roadmap and strategy, helping to identify product gaps, suggesting enhancements and new solutions in line with sector and legislation changes
- Communicate effectively with customers in a timely manner, providing documentation, updates and timescales for service delivery
- Work with the Services Delivery Manager to identify new and innovative ways to deliver existing and new services
- Keep abreast of your industry knowledge, supporting and training colleagues where required
- Travel (incl. overnight stays) to customer sites, user groups and internal meetings as required in line with the company’s policies and guidelines
- Any other related duties and responsibilities as requested by the company
Key Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Repairs & Maintenance Systems
- Knowledge/Experience of working with 3rd Party Repair & Maintenance Contractors, Repair Scheduling, Monitoring of Materials and the lifecycle of a Repair.
- Knowledge of Repairs & Maintenance reporting solutions with demonstrable experience
- Excellent knowledge of the housing sector with demonstrable experience of working with housing software solutions, either for or with Local Authorities, ALMO’s or Housing Associations
- Experience of migrating data between different sources of data using tools such as Microsoft Excel
- Ability to consult on business intelligence strategies and solutions
- Positive, proactive and self-motivated with excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Capable of working as part of a team or alone with minimal supervision
- Flexible attitude with excellent time management skills, willing to work away from home and outside of core hours
- A quick learner who proactively looks to develop own knowledge
- Capable of delivering messages clearly and concisely, in line with the audience’s expectations and knowledge
- Capable of delivering effective meetings and workshops, documenting them appropriately
- Capable of demonstrating software solutions, effectively presenting themselves, the company and the product
- Excellent computer skills with a good working knowledge of office-based products
- Capable of building and maintaining good collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders
- Capable of working under pressure to achieve deadlines, manage expectations and change control
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of Orchard’s Repairs software solutions
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of configuring database driven web based solutions
- Experience of financial systems and service charges
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, Web Services
- Awareness of Data Protection legislation
- Previous experience in a consultancy role with strong commercial awareness
- Good working knowledge of PRINCE2 or similar Project Management Methodology
- Good working knowledge of the ITIL Service Management Framework
- Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering, Modelling Business Processes or similar certifications
- Querying Data with Transact-SQL or similar certification
- PRINCE2 Foundation or Practitioner
What we give back to you
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience
- Company pension scheme
- Permanent health insurance and life assurance
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme
Check out our full benefits package.
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter below.
Please read our Recruitment Fair Processing Notice which explains what personal data (information) we will hold, how we collect it, and how we will use and may share information about you during your application process.
The company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the company’s business.