Newcastle or Home Based
Working in a fast paced, successful software company, your role will be challenging, interesting and extremely rewarding. This role will report to the Product Design Team Leader, and will be responsible for voicing the needs of our customer regarding business and product goals. The role of the Product Owner is to actively engage with their team and show a commitment to helping build the best product possible.
- Delivering the product roadmaps
- Representing how customers will use our product to internal teams
- Working closely with Product Managers to interpret roadmap requirements
- Working closely with remote teams located outside of the UK
- Writing the user stories and acceptance criteria with input from internal teams and customers
- Owning and prioritising their Scrum Team’s backlog
- Ensuring that the development team fully understand the story and acceptance criteria and the wider context for delivery
- Helping ensure sprints run efficiently and effectively to deliver the product
- Signing off that the functionality meets the need
- Ensuring features are understood across the organisation
- Assisting in providing content, product documentation and responding to tenders
- Helping triage and review items raised in the Ideas portal
- Ensuring the Privacy Impact Assessments are undertaken
- Being the point of contact for assigned product areas to explain the product use and business needs it supports
- May also be technical project manager on some projects
- Contributing towards the product strategy
- Working with the respective user groups to help resolve business issues and be a feed for themes of feature requests to product management.
- Recommending and helping implement process and framework improvements
- Not being afraid to say no to clients and providing constructive feedback and recommendations for features/updates
Desired skills but not Essential
- Exposure to agile frameworks (Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean)
- Understanding of Gherkin syntax for User Stories
- Exposure to User Story Mapping, Impact Mapping, MoSCoW & SWOT
- Experience of domain driven design
- Experience of working remotely with development teams
What we give back to you
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience
- Company pension scheme
- Permanent health insurance and life assurance
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme
- 25 days holiday and an additional Birthday holiday
Check out our full benefits package.
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter below.
Please read our Recruitment Fair Processing Notice which explains what personal data (information) we will hold, how we collect it, and how we will use and may share information about you during your application process.
The company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the company’s business.