Permanent / Full-time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at Orchard to join the Customer Support Team. Reporting to the Customer Support and Technical Services Manager, you will be responsible for providing a full range of support and consultancy services to our customers who use our products for the delivery and management of their services.
The role of the Application Support Consultant is wide-ranging, challenging and rewarding. You will be working within the Orchard Customer Support Team, taking a proactive approach which will involve taking full ownership of support incidents, managing resolutions with the resources made available to you and where necessary, establishing remote connections to customer systems to identify pertinent information and where appropriate, making configuration changes to achieve a resolution for the customer. You will also be required to deliver implementation and business consultancy services where required, working directly with customers to advise and guide them through the full project life cycle, helping them to achieve the optimum solution to meet their business requirements in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Take full ownership of support incidents, identifying cause and resolution, offering clear explanations to the customer within timeframes as detailed in our service level agreements
- Update key stakeholders on a regular basis throughout the life of the support incident
- Record all actions relating to support incidents in a clear and concise manner
- Work with teams and individuals across the company to identify resolutions which maybe outside of your knowledge
- Continuously strive to improve the level of support services provided to our customers
- Provide expert implementation and business consultancy services and training for Orchard’s solutions, both on and off-site, in accordance with project documentation, implementation guidelines and quality standards
- Take ownership of tasks assigned, striving to deliver the best possible service
- Produce and maintain internal and customer-facing documentation to a high standard, including solution designs, user and configuration guides
- Follow project plans as required, escalating any issues affecting project delivery
- Provide feedback to Product Management and Development regarding issues that arise during service delivery
- Communicate effectively with customers in a timely manner, providing documentation, updates and timescales for service delivery
- Work with the Customer Support Manager to identify new and innovative ways to deliver existing and new services
- Travel (incl. overnight stays) to customer sites, user groups and internal meetings as required in line with the company’s policies and guidelines
- Any other related duties and responsibilities as requested by the company
Key Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of the housing sector with demonstrable experience of working with housing software solutions, either for or with Local Authorities, ALMO’s or Housing Associations
- Positive, proactive and self-motivated with excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Capable of working as part of a team or alone with minimal supervision
- Flexible attitude with excellent time management skills, willing to work away from home and outside of core hours where required
- A quick learner who proactively looks to develop own knowledge
- Capable of delivering messages clearly and concisely, in line with the audience’s expectations and knowledge
- Excellent computer skills with a good working knowledge of office-based products
- Capable of building and maintaining good collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders
- Capable of working under pressure to achieve deadlines, manage expectations and change control
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of Orchard’s software solutions, including Orchard’s BPM Toolkit
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of configuring database-driven web-based solutions
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, Web Services and SQL
- Previous experience in a support or consultancy role with a commercial awareness
- Good working knowledge of the ITIL Service Management Framework
- Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering, Modelling Business Processes or similar certifications
- Querying Data with Transact-SQL or similar certification
- ITIL Foundation, Intermediate or Practitioner
- Full Driving Licence
Salary and Other Benefits
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience
- Company pension scheme
- Permanent health insurance and life assurance
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme
Check out our full benefits package.
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter below.
Please read our Recruitment Fair Processing Notice which explains what personal data (information) we will hold, how we collect it, and how we will use and may share information about you during your application process.
The company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the company’s business.